What do I Bring to a Bird Hunt?
Recommended items to bring to a bird hunt (In addition to your regular bird hunting kit) :
- Camouflage is a must. Advantage Wetland, Fall Flight, Shadow Grass are all good patterns for our area
- White camouflage or overalls for snow goose hunting
- Face masks – Both white and camouflage facemasks
- Cooler – If you are planning on taking birds home, you must either bring a cooler or arrangements can be made for us to purchase one for you either before or after arrival in camp.
- Ammunition – You may bring your own or you may make arrangements for us to order it for you. Expect to shoot a minimum of 2-3 boxes a day. We suggest BB’s for geese and # 2 or #3 shot for ducks.
- Coffee thermos
- Hip Waders
- Calls – Canada, Speck and duck calls
- Shotgun plug – For semi automatics, you are only allowed 3 rounds in the gun, 1 in the chamber and 2 in the magazine
- Rain gear
- If hunting later in the season, warm weather clothes would be a good idea.