Canadian Firearm Regulations

The address in Canada to fill in on these forms is:  

P.O. Box 4174

Melfort, SK S0E 1A0

There are 3 options for non-residents who wish to bring their own firearms into Canada.  The first 2 involve completing the following Firearms Declarations forms:

A. A non-resident firearms declaration form - CAFC 909
B. Continuation Form - CAFC 910

  • These forms are fillable PDFs which may be completed online and then printed.  Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.
  • All forms must be filled out in triplicate.  A fee of approximately $25.00 CAD will apply.
  • Should you have any questions about these forms, please call 1-800-731-4000 in USA or Canada or 1-506-624-5380 outside USA or Canada.

Further information on these forms can also be found on the RCMP website


If flying into Saskatoon or Regina, you may complete and pre-register your Firearms Declaration forms a MINIMUM of 7 days prior to travelling. NOTE: You CANNOT pre-register if driving across the border or if flying into another city/town. 

In order to pre-register you must contact the appropriate Canada Border Services Agency office by phone (Regina or Saskatoon, depending on where you're flying in to), for details of the process of pre-registration. Note that the $25.00 fee is only payable by credit card if you choose to pre-register. 

Saskatoon CBSA Office:

Tel: 1-306-975-4755
Fax: 1-306-975-5917 

Regina CBSA Office:

Tel: 1-306-780-5218
Fax: 306-780-5630


You may also wait until the time of travel when clearing customs to file your Firearms Declaration Forms.
We suggest having your forms completed ahead of time but DO NOT sign Section C until you are in front of the customs officer. 


If you believe hunting in Canada may be an annual event for you, we highly recommend obtaining a Possession & Acquisition License (PAL).  It will save much time and hassle at the border as you will NOT be required to fill out the Firearms Declaration Forms.  The cost is approximately $85.00 and the license will be good for a term of 5 years.  The Canadian Firearms Safety Course OR an equivalent thereof is required to obtain a PAL.

Please call 1-800-731-4000 to find out where to do an equivalent course in your area OR if the course you may already have completed is considered an equivalent course. Click here to fill out a PAL application.